Baking with Littles
Learned the hard way tip– Measure out all ingredients during nap time. I have tried baking (measuring ingredients/reading recipes) while Jude is helping and something always goes awry. By measuring them when he’s taking his nap we don’t run the risk of wrong measurements or frustration.
- 2 & 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 tbsp grated frozen butter
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; set aside.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, half and half, and sour cream.
- Add blueberries and frozen grated butter to the flour mixture. Mix GENTLY until just incorporated (you will still see the butter this is good!) Add your wet ingredients.
- Form into a ball and split in two.
- On a lightly flowered surface place half of the dough and form it into a disk. Cut into 6 triangles (see video) Place in freezer for at least 30 min or up to one month.
- While the dough is freezing preheat your oven to 425. Bake scones for 18-20 min rotating halfway. Don't forget to brew your coffee and enjoy with warm butter eeek so good!