3 Whole Star Anise
1 Onion, cut into slices
1 Thumb of fresh ginger , peeled and cut into disks
1 TBS Borsari Salt
7 cups of water
1 Apple, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 Whole chicken
Veggies of your choice
- In your insta pot saute the anise, onion, ginger, and salt.
- Add 4 cups of water and place the chicken in, breast side up.
- Add 3 more cups of water and add your cubed apple.
- Close your insta pot and place on high pressure for 12 min.
- When done let the pressure release on it’s own. After 20 minutes release the pressure valve so the chicken doesn’t over cook.
- CAREFULLY transfer the chicken on to a cutting board and shred.
- Using a colander or chinois strain the broth. Return the chicken to the broth and add any veggies you like. This is when you get to do you boo. I recommend, pre steamed broccoli, fried brussel sprouts, jalepeno , cilantro, basil, sprouts or zoodles this turns it into a pho. I also add Yellow Bird Habanero sauce if I am feeling spicy or keep it simple and pour over egg noodles for a classic chicken noodle soup. Enjoy my dears. I hope this recipe finds you heathy and happy, best, Abe.
“Lets have that soup again” – Husband
(the sound of me fainting)