Like many Utahns, I can’t get enough of Cafe Rio Salads… Here is how I make a fake out Rio salad.
Homemade Cafe Rio Salad
This salad is a winner! I am so happy to have the taste of a Cafe Rio salad right at home and not to mention it's paleo, keto friendly and Whole30! I swapped out those pesky oils that most fast food restaurants use and opted for olive oil and mayos that I feel good about!
- 3 tbsp Cilantro Lime Dressing (If you add more I won't tell! )
- 1 breast of Serrano Chicken (You can also use meat from a rotisserie chicken.)
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 1 tbsp pico de gallo
- 2 cups butter lettuce (Any lettuce will work I just LOVE butter lettuce. )
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
Simply assemble on your plate and dig in!
- If enjoying in a Jar Salad assemble from the bottom up. Dressing at the bottom, chicken, guac, pico, lettuce ending with the almonds.
- For this salad I bought most of the ingredients at my local grocery store. For those of you who are shopping here in Utah Harmons guacamole is to DIE for! Usually, in my opinion homemade guacamole is the only way to go… Harmons is the only exception. Pico can also be homemade but for the sake of simplicity this was also store bought.Â Â