Every now and then my little brother shows me what’s what in the kitchen. Usually, his specialty surrounds cocktails and pasta. Last week my brother laid it down when he sent me this recipe.Print
These are perfect for any special occasion or gathering you have been invited to. They are tender, fresh, and completely addicting! I use a large white pasta bowl filled with ice, place the cocktail sauce in the middle, laying the prawns on top of the ice, and add about a dozen slices of lemon, squeezing the lemon over the shrimp before dipping it into the cocktail sauce. Enjoy My Dears!
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (omit if paleo, whole30 or keto)
- 6 lemons
- 1.5 pounds shrimp (uncooked, deveined, SHELL ON)
- ALOT of Ice (Like…a lot )
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I use Primal Kitchen (no added sugar) )
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add salt and sugar to the water and return to a boil. Add 2 lemons squeezing the juice out and adding the whole lemon to the pot.
Add your raw shrimp. Set a timer for 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Make sure you press to start the exact moment you put your shrimp in the water.
- 3. As soon as the timer goes off fill the entire pot with ice. When the shrimp have completely cooled plate over ice and enjoy.
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!