It’s too early for Pumpkin… there I said it.
The smell of fall is in the air! I adore fall, cozy sweaters and blankets, candles, leaves crunching underneath my shoes, and above all comfort food. I’m here for it…with one exception, no pumpkin ANYTHING until October 1st. I know some of you are cursing me right now. Hear me out. I love celebrating but I can wear myself out if I start too soon. (Not to mention you might miss out on all the other amazing fall flavors if you just dive right into a pumpkin!) By holding out I can go overboard, EVERYTHING PUMPKIN all October- November, and you better believe on December first I will be all about peppermint! So yes, fall is here, but I will be enjoying all the cozy non-pumpkin recipes for now and Sour Cream Coffee Cake Cookies are perfect for this non pumpkin occasion.
I love coffee cake but at the end of the day, I’m a cookie gal through and through. Sour Cream Coffee Cake Cookies are chewy, with hints of cinnamon here and there, and will leave your house smelling like fall.
*Be warned they are messy and are best eaten over the table with a piping hot cup of coffee. Let’s get to it!
When looking at the ingredients to these cookies it may seem overwhelming, here is a quick shopping list to help take the thinking out of it for you!
- 1 box of butter (4 sticks)
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4.5 cups of flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of pecans
- 2 tablespoons cinamon
Sour cream Coffee Cake Cookies
Everything you love about coffee cake; soft and chewy, rich filling, and crumb topping now you can enjoy it in a cookie!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
½ cup flour
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of room temperature butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl melt the butter. Add the rest of the ingredients for the marbled filling mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl melt the butter. Add the rest of the ingredients for the crumb topping mix until it comes together and resembles pea-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Measure out all ingredients. In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt set aside.
- In a standard mixer (or by hand) cream the butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix for one minute. Add eggs and mix for another minute on medium-high.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt.)
- Fold in the Marbled filling.
- On a piece of parchment paper, dust the surface with flour. Using a cookie scoop scoop out cookies.
- Dip a spoon into crumb topping or flour to help the spoon from sticking. Using the back of a spoon press down into the center of the cookies to make a “nest” for the crumb topping.
- Sprinkle with Crumb Topping. Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
Enjoy baking cookies? You might also like to try my Morning Buzz Chocolate Chip Cookies.