Oh, how I love this Stone Fruit Summer Salad during these hot months! It’s refreshing, light, and satiating all at the same time. I make this for backyard barbecues, quick lunches, or pack these up as a Jar Salad for lunch on the go. But really it’s the dressing that does it for me… I could drink it it’s so good and hey no judgments here if you do.
What is Stone Fruit?
Stone fruit refers to any fruit with a large pit in the middle. Peaches, nectarines, cherries, plums, and apricots are just a few. Some of these are grown locally here in Utah and there are many other varieties around the world. MANGO, how did I forget mango. Ok, you get the point.
Ingredients For Stone Fruit Summer Salad
- Use stone fruit that is in season. I’m using nectarines because they are in season I snag them at my local market.
- Make sure you have a nut. I recommend almonds. They have a nice crunch and earthy compliments the dressing without overpowering it.
- Be creative, add a variety of veggies and a protein of your choice.
- Chop everything roughly the same size, smaller the better
Perfect Salad and Dressing Containers
Like I said earlier I have taken this puppy everywhere you can imagine, ok stop imagining! But really as long as you chop everything and leave the nuts and dressing off until you are ready to enjoy, you will be set.
- Here is the tupperware I recomend for large gatherings
- These are the jars I recommend for jar salads. These are perfect for meal prepping.
Stone Fruit Summer Salad with Basil Ranch Dressing
The perfect salad for a hot summer day.
1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 large cucumber
1/2 cup Almonds
- Wash and chop all ingredients to the same size. The smaller the better in my opinion. Top with basil ranch dressing and enjoy my dear!
Add a protein of your choice. Hard-boiled eggs, salmon, or my old stand by rotisserie chicken