You asked for it. Here it is… Vodka Sauce! I love this sauce with all my heart. The first time I made this I was delighted with how simple it was and then a little confused as to why I had not always made my own vodka sauce.
I have made this several times now using a variety of different cheeses (don’t tell anyone but I have even used Laughing Cow Cheese!). But that’s the beauty of this vodka sauce I can usually open up my refrigerator and find the ingredients I’m looking for to make this sauce.
Kitchen Sink Dinner
I bet you’re thinking you need pasta to make this sauce, on the contrary! We love this over veggies, salmon, chicken, or meatballs. That’s why I call it a kitchen sink dinner open up that refrigerator and see what you have in there and either add it to your pasta for extra veggies or enjoy a gluten-free or keto meal with this rich sauce over the top.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, or cream cheese will work )
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ladles pasta water
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (optional )
In a saute pan heat butter on medium-high heat, once melted add garlic and onions. Saute until translucent.
2. Stir in tomato paste. Add vodka and stir (at this point I throw in any veggies I would like and let them saute for 2 minutes).
3. Add cream let it come to temperature before adding the cheese. Add pepper flakes for a kick and hand ripped basil.
4. Add one or two ladles of pasta water to the sauce. Enjoy on top of your favorite pasta!